Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Getting Started - My very first Blog


The No Diet Diet book is about changing habits, trying new things and new ways of thinking. It is NOT about dieting, but promises that if you follow the steps you WILL lose weight! I read the book in a couple of hours and I agree with all it advocates - however, will I be able to put it into practice - time (and this blog) will tell!!!!

Started off with an exercise to see if I'm ready to make some changes and it appears that I am. What follows is then a series of steps to be followed which should change habits and patterns of thought over at least the next 28 days. It also reckons that following this plan - and not thinking about calories, carbohydrates, points, sins etc etc (yes you can see I've been there and done em all!) that I'll lose around 2lbs per week. It encourages you to do something different each day - things you might not normally do (or just doing them differently) and even things you would perhaps never even have thought of doing in the first place.

My assigned tasks for this week are:

Tuesday - No TV
Wednesday - Write something for at least 15 minutes
Thursday - give up your favourite or regular drink all day
Friday - take a 15 minute walk
Saturday - get up at least one hour earlier than usual
Sunday - list what I want to achieve by this time next year and how I will get there
Monday - Do a good natured deed for someone else - a random act of kindness and don't ask for any recognition for doing it

In addition I have to do another two tasks at some point during the week from a list that was given and these are:

To write a story
To make a picture

Well - I've already made a start on the write a story. I've set up this blog and over the next month or so this will be my story - my no diet diet story (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment